"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. It is, after all, mostly little, common things that make up our lives."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Saturday, March 15, 2008

My attempt at cake decorating!


Right after Christmas, Ashlynn decided on this Strawberry Shortcake birthday party. A few days after her decision, we found a great cake pan on clearance at Hobby Lobby. Since then, I have been thinking about making her cake myself. I have only decorated one cake in my life (10 years ago!), but I do remember helping my Granny J with cakes as a child. Today I decided since it was a stormy day, and we couldn't do much else, I would do a practice run on the cake. After working off and on for 4 hours, I got it finished. There were a few problems along the way, but at the end I was pretty pleased for my first attempt! I now know what to do to make the cake for her party. Thanks to Nick for keeping the kids occupied and away from the kitchen! He was such a big help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it looks great, Dana!!! awesome job!!!...
would you want to make Allie Reese's for that day, too??? LOL!!!