"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. It is, after all, mostly little, common things that make up our lives."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy 29th Birthday Nick!

Today was Nick's 29th Birthday! He decided a few weeks ago to take off from work. Last week, I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, and he said " Clean out our walk in closet!" I thought, what a way to spend your birthday. We began the process last night and worked from 8:30 to 12:30. (It was definitely a process!!!!) I should have taken a before shot, but I really choose not to remember how bad it was. This closet had become the catch all for anything that didn't have a place, or needed to be hidden. So, needless to say it was a disaster, avalanche-zone waiting to happen. But now, it looks so great!!!! I still have 3 crates of pictures to organize, and 2 big baskets of "crafting materials" to sort through. Nick and I were able to steal away for a few hours and eat lunch by ourselves today. My sister is staying with us this week, and she willingly babysat for us! Thanks, Caralee!!!! This made the 14th birthday I have celebrated with Nick! I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband. He makes me feel truly special! He is such a great dad! And, for those things I am truly blessed! We ended the day with dinner with the family. Then off to Nick's parents house for YUMMY cake. C-C made a delicious chocolate cake with pecans!!!! We love you Nick! Hope you had a wonderful day! Since I forgot my camera, I'll have to get some pictures from Pops!

No comments: