Yesterday, I boiled a half dozen of eggs to dye with the kids. I decided to put two extra in to the pot just in case (I am glad I did!!!). One cracked while cooking, one cracked after it was dropped, and the rest survived! So we still ended up with a half dozen eggs! Ashlynn helped me pick out colors to mix, and Eli watched with anticipation. We added stickers to a few, and even made one with polka dots. Eli giggled very loudly each time we put a egg in the cup to dye! He thought this was very fun. I told him we would dye his egg blue, and then from there on out he would say"blue" each time we pulled an egg out of the dye (regardless of the color.) Since I did the old fashioned way with vinegar and food coloring, Ashlynn kept saying," What it that smell?" It did take a few hours for the egg/vinegar smell to go away! Both of the kids enjoyed creating beutiful Easter eggs! I think dyeing eggs is fun......messy......and smelly!!!!!
Since Moving
13 years ago
1 comment:
I love Eli's smile in the next to last picture (the one where he is looking in the cup.) It cracked us up!!
Post a Comment