Last night was favorite animal night at Awana's. When I asked Ashlynn last week what her favorite animal was, she said giraffe. My first thought was, "How in the world am I going to come up with this one!?!?" After discussing this with both my mom and my mother in law, they threw out ideas to help bring this costume together. C-C reminded me about the giraffe hats we had left over from a previous birthday party. That was the springboard to finish the costume. Gigi provided the yarn to make the mane and the tail! After it all came together, I think she looked pretty cute for a homemade costume! I thought the plan was shattered after Ashlynn woke up yesterday morning and said, "I don't want to be a giraffe anymore, I want to be a zebra!" I told her that for today she would be a giraffe. The zebra would have to wait. When Eli woke up from his nap and saw Ashlynn dressed in the costume. He started to giggle. Seeing her in that costume was the funniest thing to him!
Since Moving
13 years ago
2 comments:
Dana, Thanks for giving me credit for part of Ashlynn's costume, but we all know that your craftiness and imagination were the real reasons this project came to life. Even though we got to see the pictures of Ashlynn dressed in her costume, Pops and I wanted to see her in person. Since our choir practice finished early, we were able to go to Temple where she was in Awanas, and we got to see her and then bring her home. We enjoyed seeing you all in the middle of the week.
Dana, the costume is precious and I am sure Ashlynn was just as satisfied to "stay" a giraff? You have many more years of this coming up so put on that "thinking Cap!!! Cute! Cute! Cute!!!
Post a Comment