Yesterday morning was very scary for me. Eli woke up before Ashlynn, so I decided to go ahead and feed him his breakfast knowing that Ashlynn would wake up soon. Eli ate is breakfast like every normal day, and Ashlynn woke up just as Eli was finishing. I decided to finish fixing Ashlynn's breakfast, and then clean Eli up to get him out of the chair. I turned and took off the tray of the highchair, turned and lay it on the table. Ashlynn was getting into her chair to eat, so I helped her sit and moved the plate close to her. That all took just a few seconds. In that time Eli had stood up out of his highchair and reached out for me. As he reached his foot twisted and he started falling over the side of the high chair. I scrambled to try to catch him, but he hit first. I think I stopped the rest of his body from hitting, but it happened so fast I can't really remember. He hit right above his eyebrow, as you can see. When he started crying, I started crying, and then Ashlynn started crying. We were all sitting in the kitchen floor sobbing. After trying to put some ice on it, speaking with our nurse on the phone, and much love from Gigi, Pepa, and C-C, he was ready to play like any other day. This morning he woke up and looked like he just fought Rocky! I wasn't going to write about this, but I realized this was part of our day to day excitement. I am SO thankful that he is okay. But, did I mention that Christmas pictures are today?!?!? We will have to see about that!
Since Moving
13 years ago
2 comments:
Poor thing! I know that had to hurt. I'm glad to hear his feeling better though!
"Just call me, Rocky, Jr.!"
Some day you will look back on the day of the "head-long dive onto the floor" and chuckle. I know how rough it was for you to have this happen, but now we know how hard his head is. Pretty hard!!! Bless his little heart; he was a trooper, wasn't he? More memories!
Post a Comment