"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. It is, after all, mostly little, common things that make up our lives." - Elisabeth Elliot
Friday, May 21, 2010
Mother's Day Memories
What a great day we all had together! Nick was so sweet to take Ashlynn and Eli on a shopping adventure on Saturday. They were too excited to wait until Sunday morning, so I had to open my presents from them early. They both had picked out a necklace and earring set for me. Nick intended to let them pick a bracelet, necklace, earring set....but they couldn't agree. So, I ended up with two separate sets. It was so sweet to see their personalities emerge through the choices they made for me. Nick also got me a new Women's study Bible. I have already enjoyed using it during my devotion time. This Mother's Day was extra special because Ashlynn played piano at church for the first time. We played "Jesus Loves Me" as a duet. I was more nervous than she was! She did a great job.We had a wonderful dinner at C-C and Pops house. The men grilled steaks for everyone and they were delicious! I am very thankful to have spent the day with my children, mother, grandmother, mother"-in-love", and Grandmother"-in-love!" What a blessing to have such amazing women in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment