Wednesday was a very eventful day for Ashlynn! She started off very excited because her Daddy was taking her to school (this doesn't happen usually!), and staying for "Donuts for Dad's" in her classroom. As I was helping her get ready, I took a look at her tooth. For the past 2 weeks, it had been wiggling! That morning she could push her tooth almost all the way down with her tongue. As much as I tried to get her to let me get it out, she wouldn't let me. I know she was nervous about how pulling a loose tooth would feel. Off to school she and Daddy went, but just shortly after eating her donut......the tooth came out! Nick was standing in the classroom watching her play and enjoying the donuts when she looked at him and said, " Daddy my tooth came out!" I think it surprised both of them. I think it was neat for Nick to have been at school with her when it happened. Normally, this would not have been the case. As soon as it happened, I get a phone call at home. Ashlynn announced the victory of the lost tooth! So now we have a very cute toothless grin! She was very excited about the tooth fairy's visit that evening. She carefully placed the tooth under her pillow, and fell fast asleep. I thought it would take a while for her to get to sleep (anxiously awaiting the tooth fairy), but it didn't. The next morning, she found a $5.00 bill under her pillow. That was exciting! Later a few questions came to her mind and she asked, " Mom, did God make the tooth fairy?" and "Will we see the tooth fairy in heaven?" She even went so far to say, "Is the tooth fairy real, because Tinkerbell is not really real?" That girl really thinks things through! I told her that yes God created the tooth fairy. ( I didn't throw in the fact that he looked a lot like her Daddy! :)) Five year olds bring fun times!
Since Moving
13 years ago
2 comments:
I think the tooth fairy is more generous at your house than he was at ours!!! :-)
I've enjoyed reading about your family from time to time - Ann Bailes
That tooth had great timing! :O)
Post a Comment