"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. It is, after all, mostly little, common things that make up our lives."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!







I truly enjoyed my Mother's Day this year. It all began the week before for me. My wonderful, understanding husband planned a day away just for me. It came complete with the children spending the night with C-C and Pops then heading out with Gigi and Pepa, a morning to sleep in, a day at the spa, and dinner out at California Dreaming. Nick planned for every detail. After sleeping in, I woke up and leisurely got ready for my trip to the spa. Nick drove me to the spa and enjoyed a luncheon with me on the rooftop terrace before leaving me for the afternoon. I was pampered with the Modern Mommy package. This included a massage, pedicure, and manicure. After a whol afternoon of pampering, Nick returned to pick me up and we headed to dinner. He had even washed the dishes and finished all of the laundry while I was away! I am definitely blessed with a very special man. Thanks to Pops, C-C, Pepa, and Gigi for making this day possible for me!



On Mother's day, we were able to spend a fun afternoon with our family. The kids even had me playing Hide and Seek in the back yard. It is such a joy to spend time together as a family. I truly treasure these times!

No comments: