"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. It is, after all, mostly little, common things that make up our lives."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Monday, April 13, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper


For the last week or so, Eli has finally been intreseted in going to the potty. So, the full fledged potty training has begun. Because we are potty training, a lot of the time spent at home is going bottomless! After one episode last week, I decided going bottomless would be a good idea. Eli shouted he needed to potty, I had my hands in banana bread batter, and he took off running to the bathroom. He made it to the potty, but he forgot the all important step to pull off his underwear. Needless to say, the Lightning Mcqueen undies got wet! But, he was sitting on the potty! I still had to award a potty prize for that one, after our "pull down the pants" discussion. After supper one night, the entire famiy pitched in to clean up the kitchen. Eli was very excited to vacuum around the table. Since he is a VERY precise child, it took him a long time. But, I now know who to give this job. You could not find a crumb on the floor after he was done. Nick and I just had to sit back and laugh at him vacuuming very carefully with no pants! It was too cute!
Hopefully, this potty training effort will continue to go well. Nick is praying for at least one whole day diaper free. We now have been changing diapers since April 7th, 2004. (Five years and counting...) If the potty training goes well, we should have a week or so before little Isaac comes (along with more diaper changes!)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I didn't know you had decided on Isaac - I love it!!! Cute picture of Eli, too.

The Jordan's said...

Such a cute picture of Eli cleaning without any bottoms on!

Jamie said...

LOVE IT!!!