One Saturday, totally unplanned, we packed up the kids and headed to an apple orchard about a hour from our house. Of course, once we were almost there, the raindrops appeared. Thankfully, the rain cleared just in time to start picking. I put Isaac in the sling, Nick held the apple picker, and the kids held the buckets as we headed into the orchard. This orchard had three types of apples to pick, red delicious, yellow delicious, and winesap. We loaded up on all three types. Because it had just rained, the gnats were everywhere. I was trying to pick apples, keep the gnats off of Isaac, and tell Eli not to eat any more apples. Eli being the "clean freak" that he is would not go near the apples on the ground. Ashlynn loved searching for the perfect apple. She also found out that Golden Delicious are her favorite apple (just like mommy!). We had a great time together that afternoon! The best part came when I started cooking the apples. We had everything from Apple Brownies to Bacon- wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken! I even made a batch of homemade apple sauce for Isaac to enjoy once he starts eating real food, and the kids used apple slices to paint with during our school day.
Since Moving
13 years ago
1 comment:
Love the picture of you and the kids!
Post a Comment