"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. It is, after all, mostly little, common things that make up our lives."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Monday, February 16, 2009

Muffin Tin Monday







I got this idea from a blog a friend referred me to a couple of weeks ago. We have been doing this every Monday for the past few weeks. The kids are so excited each time to see what will fill the muffin tin. This week I decided to take a few pictures and share our "fun lunch!" I always use our 12 cup muffin tins. This week we had from L to R and top to bottom...Spinach and Cheese Tortellini (in two cups), crescent roll, milk, French Onion wheat thins, goldfish crackers, grapes,

honey roasted peanuts, pears, fruit chews, carrots, and a cookie.

3 comments:

Ann said...

What a clever idea! My kids would have loved that when they were little. And since it's just on Mondays they (hopefully) aren't bugging you to give them that much variety every day. You are really a creative mom.

Anonymous said...

I did this today for the first time with Jackson (Muffin Tin Tuesdays for us, I guess ;-)- I couldn't believe it when I logged onto your blog an hour later to see that you had tried it too. :-) I LOVE this idea! Such a fun way to pack in lots of nutrition!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good Mommy, Dana. The children will always remember things like this that you did with them and for them. I know that you get some of this from your own Mother, and you have lots of memories like this of your own because she is a good Mom, too. Like you say on your blog, "It's the little things". CC