Saturday night was the first night in a few weeks that we could make dinner and sit down as a family to eat. Nick had asked me earlier that day what the plans were for the night. I had to think, but enjoyed saying, "nothing." Little did I know that in a few hours that would change. Right before sitting down to supper, I heard a scream come from the living room. Eli had slipped and tripped over a book that he had read earlier. As he fell, he hit the coffee table and landed on his shoulder. When I heard the scream, I knew he was hurt, but it wasn't until a few minutes later that I realized how bad it was. Usually, Eli will say to kiss it momma, but this time he just cried and said, "It hurts me!" I asked if we wanted to eat, and he said yes. I thought that would help him get hi mind off of the fall. He ate extremely well, but towards the end started falling asleep at the table. That's when I looked at Nick and said, "He's really hurt!" After talking to my mom (who Nick calls Dr. Gigi :) and the on call nurse, we took him to the ER. Of course we waited for a good while (since it was a Saturday night!). Eli was very patient through it all. He had 4 x-rays taken of his shoulder. Nick had to be the trooper and stay with him through that since I am pregnant! He screamed so badly during those x-rays. The doctor said he had a clear fracture through his clavicle with a slight dislocation. The nurse put him in a sling and gave him some pain medication. By the time we walked out of the hospital the medication had taken some effect. He started spinning himself in circles and giggling! After a visit to pick up Ashlynn, and see C-C and Pops we headed home. We actually did very well getting settled. We will head to the orthopedist on Monday to determine what else is necessary. Pray for our family...Eli's quick and correct healing, Ashlynn's understanding while playing, Nick and I to have patience through it all. It is going to be very difficult to keep a 2 year old from using his arm and keep a sling on!
Since Moving
13 years ago
2 comments:
We're so sorry about Eli's accident. What a night you all had! We pray he heals quickly and will soon be back to his old self!
Poor little guy! I will be praying for you guys!
Post a Comment