"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. It is, after all, mostly little, common things that make up our lives."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Friday, April 25, 2008

Springtime FUN!!!





This week we have had such beautiful weather. Spring is here, with summer just around the corner. It has been such a joy to take time each day to enjoy the outdoors. Some days it was just taking a lazy walk to the mail box, or taking extra time to unload the car from errands, but other days were filled with fun and excitement in God's amazing creation. On Monday night after supper, I asked Nick if he wanted to go outside. Recently, we have had few nights to just enjoy together with the children. So instead of concentrating on cleaning the dishes and straightening the kitchen, we headed outside. Ashlynn had fun on her scooter, while Eli rode is power wheel. Then Nick got an idea to fly a kite (side note...we had almost NO wind). I thought bad idea. Get the kids all excited about a kite and then it can't even fly. Nick even went as far as to get the leaf blower out to produce wind!!! That was hilarious! After many attempts, I showed Ashlynn that running with the kite on a shorter string would let it fly a little. She absolutely loved running with the kite! As I watched her, my thoughts turned to how quickly time passes. I have been blessed with two incredible children and an amazing husband to share this time here on earth. Even in the little things, like trying to get a kite to fly, may I always treasure the moments of life that God brings each and every day!

No comments: