"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. It is, after all, mostly little, common things that make up our lives."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Friday, April 25, 2008

11 kids, 4 mommies, 1 orchard = FUN
















What an exciting day we had today! The kids and I joined friends for a fun filled day at the farm! The kids fed the goats, "milked" a cow, competed in a ducky race, rode the "hayride", watched the deer and turkey, picked strawberries, and ate ice cream! It was so much fun! Between all of our friends we had 4 moms and 11 kids. So yes, the noise level was loud, the excitement was up, and not everyone was happy all of the time. But, what a way to spend a day! It is amazing to watch children enjoy the little things. It often brings you back to enjoy the simple things in life! By the car ride home we did want to consolidate the kids into a soundproof booth, but our sanity survived! We are ready to head back to this place anytime! Being a Mom brings so much joy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures are great!! Let me know when you go back, because I want to go so that I can say that I have milked a cow. Sounds like great fun has been had and lots of noise, to boot. I'm so glad that my grandbabies have a Mommy like you, Dana. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

I did it again. I thought I had the process down, but I guess I don't. That comment was made by CC.

Anonymous said...

Looks like great fun.....for the kids! Ha!