"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. It is, after all, mostly little, common things that make up our lives."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Half Birthday, Ashlynn!




At our house, we celebrate half birthdays! Usually, I will bake a pound cake and cut it in half. Ashlynn decided she wanted brownies instead of cake. So last night, we celebrated with warm brownies and vanilla ice cream. Both of the kids were so excited to enjoy this yummy treat just before bedtime! (A rare occurence in our house) These 5 1/2 years have flown by! While playing yesterday, she dressed up in a carzy outfit complete with necklaces, purses (yes, more than one), and her suitcase. She put on her sunglasses and Clemson hat and said, "Mom, I'm going to college!" I told her she couldn't go yet, and she said "Mom, I am just playing!" I can't believe how quickly the time goes!

As a side note, I wanted to share a funny thing she said earlier this week. We were talking about ways to save money for a family trip to Disney World. I asked her what were some ways we could save. Her response (with a straight face!) ........GEICO! :)

1 comment:

"CC" said...

Happy Half Birthday, Baby. We love you. We are going to go to Disney World, with or without GEICO, okay? Maybe we can get to eat a meal with Cinderella. That would be great!