What a weekend we all had! Our excitement really started back on Monday. Nick and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed a night out at one of our favorite restaurants, La Bastide. It was so nice to relax and enjoy a nice place together. Our table had a perfect view of the mountains! That night, I told Nick that I had a fun date planned for us on Saturday night. Little did he know that I was planning a surprise 30th birthday party for him.
I also had the chance to attend the Extraordinary Women's conference in Greenville this weekend. We heard from so many wonderful speakers. It was such a blessing to get refreshed, encouraged, and focused to serve my Lord better. This year was my second time to the conference, but we had a larger group this year. Can't wait to go back next year!
Within minutes of getting home from the conference yesterday, the plans were coming together to surprise Nick. We headed out and enjoyed time reminiscing about our years together. Our first stop was to the Botanical Gardens. We used to picnic here quite a bit. Then, we were off to stop by the church where we were married. There, we looked through our wedding album. Then we headed off to eat. Nick thought we were eating appetizers at one spot, entree at the other, and dessert at the next. The first stop was Wild Wings for appetizers, but the trip stopped there. We had a whole group of friends and family waiting on us to celebrate! I only have a picture of the cake we had back at home after we finished dinner...but more are to come!
Thanks to everyone who had a part in making Nick's 30th special. Nancy helped make sure the house and kids were ready! Mom and Dad helped get the group together at the restaurant! Caralee and Cassie decorated and ran last minute errands while I was away! Leroy was a great balloon assistant! And, lots of friends helped me keep this big surprise for many weeks!
Thanks everyone!
1 comment:
Aw, love the cake!
Post a Comment