I can't believe this day is here. It seems like just yesterday I brought that bundle of joy home from the hospital. The time has flown. Nick and I took Ashlynn to her first day of K-4 this morning. I never got emotional, but as soon as I started typing this the tears started flowing! The letting go was not hard. She has been to things before where we leave her. The hard part is knowing that she is growing up so quickly. I have to remember to stop and enjoy each moment, because in a few weeks she will have already changed! She was so excited to go to school! She already knew one of the boys in her class. All weekend she was asking when she could go to school, and each night she prayed for her new teacher, Mrs. Latham. I can't wait to see how her first day went! The pictures above are from Orientation and heading out for the first day of school! Nick and I talked about the fact that for at least the next 20 years we will be taking children to school. The adventure has begun!
2 comments:
The pictures are precious! We can't wait to hear all about the first day!
Enjoy the time all you can. They grow so fast. I have one started her last year of elementary school this year. The time goes by so quickly. Hope Ashlynn had a great time at school!
Post a Comment