"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. It is, after all, mostly little, common things that make up our lives."
- Elisabeth Elliot

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Eli.....not a baby anymore!









Eli is turning 2 on Sunday. The time has truly flown. Nick and I have been talking about switching his bed over from crib to toddler bed for a few weeks. We decided it would be best to wait until after I came back from my girls weekend away. (Just in case there were any problems!) Well, last night was the night. After supper, we all went into Eli's room and helped. Both Ashlynn and Eli were so excited to help their Daddy work on the bed! Eli just giggled when the front of the crib came off. Eli would run from his room to Ashlynn's room and say "Ashyn's bed", and then to back to his bed to say " Eyi's bed." We did our normal bedtime routine, and I tucked him into his toddler bed. We closed the door and waited. I halfway expected to hear knocking on his door and little fingers poking out from under the door. He never got out of the bed! He went to sleep like any other night. Apparently, Mom was more worried about the switchover than he was. Not only is he in his toddler bed now, but he has been sitting at the table in a booster seat instead of his high chair. Eli is starting to carry a small conversation. You do still have to understand Eli lingo, but he is doing great. Even through all of these big boy things, he still loves being Mommy's little boy. I really don't mind that so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Eli for sleeping in his "big boy bed!"